HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9 September 2010





Today was my day of competition. Unfortunately I lost first round to Catherine Jacques from Belgium. Jacques beat me in the bronze medal match at the Miami World Cup only two weeks ago. I had hoped to turn the result around, but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. Jacques is a strong competitor and I had difficulty breaking her top left grip. I am disappointed to lose but I know that I am better off for the experience of competing on the World Stage. I am motivated to train harder and smarter in order to win more at the international level.

So from athlete to spectator.... The World Championships is a great learning environment for any judo junkie. Today I witnessed some fantastic performances including Kayla Harrison (USA -78kg), Teddy Riner (FRA +100kg), Mika Sugimoto (JAP +78kg), Maki Tsukada (JAP +78kg) just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment