HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Miami World Cup and US Open (28-29 August)





Last weekend (on Saturday) I placed fifth at the Miami World Cup, a qualification event for the 2012 London Olympics. I had a bye first round and then in the second round I beat Keivi Pinto from Venezuela. In the semi-final I lost to Catherine Roberge from Canada, and then I lost the bronze medal match to Catherine Jacques from Belgium.

The following day, on Sunday, I also placed fifth at the US Open. I won my first fight against Suzie Rizek from USA, but then lost in the second round to Yacintha Nguyen-Huu from Canada. I won my next fight against Katinna Rodriguez from USA in the repechage, but then lost the bronze medal match to Allison Clifford from USA.

Overall I am happy with my results and performance. Of course I am disappointed to miss out on a medal at both competitions, but I am pleased to get so many fights and to compete against some top players. Both of the competitions in Miami have really given me confidence and a new outlook on my judo - I am motivated to fight better and compete more.

A number of Australians did well at both of the competitions which is really positive for Australian Judo. I would like to particularly congratulate Janelle Shepherd who won a bronze medal at the Miami World Cup in the Womens +78kg division, Jake Andrewartha who a bronze medal at the US Open in the Men’ +100kg division, and Priscus Fogagnolo, Jake (again!), and Duke Didier who won gold, silver and bronze respectively at the US Open in the Mens Open division. Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment