HOME    NEW ARRIVALS     MONTHLY SPECIALS     ABOUT US    NEWS    CONTACT US     MARTIAL ARTIST     EVENTS     BRAND     FACEBOOK    TWITTER

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

26 May 2010

Hi there,

My name is Stephanie Grant and I compete in judo in the under 78kg category. My aim is to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics. Over coming months I will be using this blog to provide a window on my training and preparation for judo.

I have been playing judo for 10 years. I am based in Melbourne where I study at Monash University and work as a Pool Lifeguard. I train at Dominance Mixed Martial Arts in Richmond under Daniel Kelly and Maria Pekli.

As I write this I am currently in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with the Australian Judo Team. On the weekend I competed in a Grand Slam tournament. Unfortunately, I lost to the Korean competitor who won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It was a tough match. This week, I have been training at an international camp here in Rio. Most of the best players in the world are here and it has been great to train with them and see how I match up. Tomorrow, I am moving on to Sao Paulo where I will compete in a World Cup on the weekend.

Best wishes,

Steph

1 comment:

  1. im looking forward to following your blog, good luck and all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete